Grow Yourself, Grow Your Business!
By Zsuzsanna Kispal – Head of Human Resources
Zsuzsanna has worked at Corona Energy for nine years and has been Head of Human Resources for the last five years.’Grow yourself, Grow your business!’ is the second instalment of a six part series, visit us again on Thursday 11th May for the third instalment!
What makes Corona a great place to work?
I started with Corona Energy eight years ago as a Training Officer, in a fairly junior role, and 4 years into my career I had the opportunity to prove myself as the head of the department. It was a real “heat moment” I remember very well. What really mattered wasn’t primarily my experience or skill set but my passion, my drive and the attitude to always find a way forward.
Since then my personal mission is to embed the same ethos day in day out with our new starters and existing staff.
Our DNA at Corona Energy is our strong focus on people growth and development, to help people fly, realise their potential and be the best versions of themselves.
How does this work in everyday practice?
- Be intentional! Everyone at Corona is encouraged to spend at least four Personal Development hours a month on intentionally growing and developing their skills. This is then reviewed within the weekly one to one coaching sessions with each staff member.
- Be transparent! Personal Development hours are driven by our business scorecard and progress is made transparent to the whole business on a weekly basis. This also means that our business success is measured on how well our people are growing.
- Be supportive! An intentional framework called the Corona Academy is in place to support people’s development paths and provide options for growth outside of the day to day.
- Be bold! All of our 200 staff are trained in Stephen Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective people programme to help everyone be more effective not only at work but also in their personal life.
- Pleasantly stretch! We use real-life business projects as “heat experiences” to develop important leadership qualities through delegating to the least qualified person.
If you would like to learn more or would like to build your career at Corona Energy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call Molly/Kerry in the Recruitment Team on 0800 804 8589 or visit our website for more information.