Corona Energy is a leading independent energy supplier with over 20 years’ experience servicing UK businesses. We currently supply 14% of the industrial and commercial gas market with around 13,000 gas and electricity customers. At Corona Energy our culture is defined by our people. We are passionate about our employees and recognise that they should be in the centre of everything we do. Our awards reflect the great work we do in developing our teams and providing first class customer service and we are very proud to have held the Investors in People Gold award for the last 4 years. What are you waiting for? Join our team today!
What does the job entail?
The Business Analyst role has two primary purposes. First is to analyse, recommend and then develop new business opportunities/improvements and project manage the delivery of these. Second is to support the Project Manager to deliver Corona’s brilliant basics and ensure accelerated growth across People, Customer and Profit through process improvements & projects. This role offers a multi-dimensional workload while overseeing the full cycle of projects. It is a fast paced environment where you will be identifying improvement opportunities, documenting processes and requirements, handling costings, resource management, change management, risk management, reporting, training, testing and closely supporting the project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Map “as is” and Re-engineer Processes
- Assess and recommend options for Process, System and/or People improvements with supporting business case
- Create business cases including alternatives, risk/issue assessment ,cost/benefit analysis and recommendation
- Work independently to elicit, validate and document requirements and issues and input into solution design
- Present findings, requirements, user stories, problem statements, and recommended solutions to senior managers in the Programme and Business Areas with supporting documentation
- Project manage implement of recommended solutions
- Assist the Project Manager to deliver complex projects through Technology, People, Industry Change and Process to drive People, Customer, Book Value and Profit growth
- Proactively collaborate within the Project team and cross-functionally.
- Assist the Project Manager to implement efficiency and growth projects to improve business performance, deliver book value, realise operational savings and/or reduce operational risk
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Proactively look for business opportunities arising from change
- Deliver all scheduled tasks and activities on time, to agreed standard and to budget
- Implement various system and process changes and develop training and/or tests for same to attain highest quality and minimise risk
- Create and collate manuals/supporting documentation
- Create, compile and update all stakeholders with status reports
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management
Skills & Experience:
- Utility experience
- Experience converting business requirements into technical requirements
- Cost/benefit modelling
- Experience of the change management lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the stakeholders involved.
- Understanding of project methodologies and their application within the organisation’s project methodology.
- Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives
- Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key business analysis deliverables
- Awareness of Risk function’s activities
- Experience of communicating with a wide array of people and experience of stakeholder management
- Good numeric and process modelling skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Some proof of ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions
- Project Management Qualification. E.g. Agile, prince2, six sigma etc, but can adapt theory into practice
- Microsoft package levels: Advanced level
- Be prepared to work additional hours and Travel (UK and abroad)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations, communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience, draw out from business areas what are the areas requiring improvement and why, and challenge constructively
- Commercially focussed with the ability to understand and operate within budgets to ensure best value from 3rd party suppliers and to create opportunities to add value/improve efficiency
- Collaborates effectively with wider business to deliver business needs
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise what’s important
- Able to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities through their previous work experiences
What do you get in return?
- Enhanced annual leave options
- If your birthday falls on a working day you are entitled to have the day off
- Profit share
- Free breakfast everyday
- Fresh fruit delivered Monday – Thursday
- Pension Scheme auto-enrolment
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary from first day of employment
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care scheme