Our Values & Behaviours
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our values and behaviours not only set us apart from our competitors, it also inspires us to create a culture of collaboration which rewards innovation. We appreciate a diverse and inclusive environment and we want everyone to feel valued for their uniqueness, recognised for their diverse talents and where they can be themselves.
It is important to us that any new member of our team can identify with our values and behaviours and as part of the interview process, we will try to ascertain how well you relate to these. Our values are:
- Customer First
- Forward Thinking
We recommend that as part of your interview preparation you consider what each of these means to you and where you might have applied this in your previous experience.
What does the job entail?
The Business Analyst role is focused on assisting the business in identifying, documenting and analysing new opportunities or improvements to support growth and efficiency. The role will need to focus on understanding the business requirements, facilitating data capture, and ultimately through thorough analysis, recommending solutions. There is a high degree of process re-design, systems analysis and an ongoing support to any project delivery.
This role offers a multi-dimensional workload with a varied portfolio of initiatives. It is a fast paced environment where you will be required to operate within a budget, perform cost / benefit analysis, work within the change management process, perform risk assessment, report on progress and assist in defining training and testing needs. You will form part of a small team of IT System Analysts, Business Analysts, IT Developers and Project Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Map “as is” processes and work with the business to re-engineer and create ‘to be’
- Analyse and recommend options for Process, System and/or People improvements with supporting business case
- Create business cases including alternatives, risk/issue assessment, cost/benefit analysis and recommendation
- Work independently to elicit, validate and document requirements and issues and input into solution design
- Present findings, requirements, user stories, problem statements, and recommended solutions to senior managers in the Programme and Business Areas with supporting documentation
- Act as part of the Virtual Project Team for ongoing analysis when required
- Assess initial risks / issues associated with any recommended solution
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Proactively look for business opportunities across all departments / functions
- Work to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Recommend system and process changes and assist in the development of training and testing to minimise business risk
- Ensure all data capture, analysis and recommendations are fully documented, auditable and available for handover to delivery.
- Ensure internal customers / stakeholders are informed and continually review scope or works
- Carry out other reasonable duties as determined by Management
Skills & Experience:
- Essential –
- Cost/benefit modelling
- Experience of the change management lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the stakeholders involved.
- Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key business analysis deliverables
- Awareness of Risk function’s activities
- Experience of communicating with a wide array of people and experience of stakeholder management
- Good numeric and process modelling skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Some proof of ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions
- Good to excellent working knowledge of Excel, Visio, BPMN or similar
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations, communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience, draw out from business areas what are the areas requiring improvement and why, and challenge constructively
- Commercially focussed with the ability to understand and operate within budgets to ensure best value from 3rd party suppliers and to create opportunities to add value/improve efficiency
- Collaborates effectively with wider business to deliver business needs
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise what’s important
- Desirable –
- Utility experience and business awareness
- Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives
- Experience converting business requirements into technical requirements