Corona Energy is a leading independent energy supplier to UK businesses supplying gas and electricity to commercial, industrial and public clients, currently the third largest gas supplier in the UK. With over 14,000 customers and more than 200 employees based in our vibrant Watford office, we are a people focused organisation where we actively embrace a coaching culture to develop personally and professionally. We encourage an active involvement in company initiatives such as 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, as well as having photos and other media of yourself on marketing material. With the vast majority of our employees rating us as good or excellent to work for – what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
What does the job entail?
The purpose of the Credit Controller is to work in a target driven environment to ensure collection of monies owed by communicating with customers by telephone and in writing, as well as maintaining a portfolio of customers within acceptable debt levels according to risk.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular and proactive contact y telephone, letter, and e-mail regarding invoices which are outstanding for payment, ensuring the portfolio of customers are prioritized in accordance with debt value and age.
- Logging invoice queries and directing them to other business areas
- Liaise with all other business areas to ensure the timely resolution of queries
- Logging all collection notes on database
- Establishing rapport & maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and preparing data for regular conference calls and customer visits
- Ensure that excellent customer relations are maintained at all times
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Offer an excellent customer experience
- Any other duties as defined by management
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in a credit control position
- Telephone and letter collection strategies
- Previous experience working with difficult situations on the telephone
- Customer Focused
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Be able to prioritise workload efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Team player
- Can do and proactive attitude
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP’s)
- Knowledge of either the gas or electricity industry desirable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities through their previous work experiences