Our Values & Behaviours
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our values and behaviours not only set us apart from our competitors, it also inspires us to create a culture of collaboration which rewards innovation. We appreciate a diverse and inclusive environment and we want everyone to feel valued for their uniqueness, recognised for their diverse talents and where they can be themselves.
It is important to us that any new member of our team can identify with our values and behaviours and as part of the interview process, we will try to ascertain how well you relate to these. Our values are:
- Customer First
- Forward Thinking
We recommend that as part of your interview preparation you consider what each of these means to you and where you might have applied this in your previous experience.
What does the job entail?
Working in a small team to deliver quick credit decisions to new business and renewal credit requests from the sales team. Ensuring we identify risk, keep in line with our credit policy and approval guidelines to keep our customer base at a good level. We also provide a level of assistance to other areas of the business in relation to customer’s credit/debt position, legality of proposed name changes, contract novations and change of ownerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessing and analysing prospective customer’s financial data and credit reports – making rejection or approval decisions in line with company credit policy and risk policies.
- Ensuring credit checks are completed on a daily basis before gas & electricity price cut off
- Internally managing Broker queries, propose commission structures, review payouts/clawbacks and review broker terms.
- Prepare reports/analysis where necessary.
- Support with development of credit policies & continuous improvement to processes
- Validate customer name changes and action in our systems.
- Any other duties as defined by management
- To challenge existing processes
- Ensure work is delivered in compliance with company procedures
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management
Skills & Experience:
- Strong financial literacy, and ability to interpret financial data and company credit reports – Experience using Experian, Equifax or similar platforms desirable
- Can do and proactive attitude
- Self-motivator who can positively influence others
- Good communication skills
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Be able to priorities workload effectively
- Team Player
- Can do & proactive attitude
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and Vlookup)
- Knowledge of either the gas or electricity industry desirable but not essential