Corona Energy is a leading independent energy supplier with over 20 years’ experience servicing UK businesses. We currently supply 14% of the industrial and commercial gas market with around 13,000 gas and electricity customers. At Corona Energy our culture is defined by our people. We are passionate about our employees and recognise that they should be in the centre of everything we do. Our awards reflect the great work we do in developing our teams and providing first class customer service and we are very proud to have held the Investors in People Gold award for the last 4 years. What are you waiting for? Join our team today!
What does the job entail?
The purpose of the Energy Risk Analyst is to run, maintain, and build reports and manage data to provide detailed reports and present strategic business recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, own, run and maintain the portfolio positions reports
- Develop, own, run and maintain short and long term portfolio demand forecasting tools and maintain the required static and industry data
- Develop and maintain hedging strategies to manage and control the portfolio commodity and GM risk
- Develop, own, run and maintain the energy market and GM risk metrics (mtm, Var, etc) analytical tools and reports
- Develop, own, run and maintain large customer external reporting
- Develop, own, run and maintain the customer risk premium models
- To perform adhoc analysis on large data sets to support impact analysis and business decision making.
- Detect, investigate and resolve all an anomalous results, breaches of policies or limit
- Own and drive the modelling improvement across the team, either through developing, coaching or supporting others
- Own and drive the upskilling of the team to introduce new analytical and modelling technique
- Own the maintenance and periodic review of the team’s suite of models, databases and systems
- Own any transactional and contractual reconciliations and checks required between Corona Energy and its counterpart
- Identify, own, control and mitigate the Operational Risks within the team
- Contribute to the introduction of new pricing, risk modelling and similar systems into the Corona estate through requirements building, details design, testing and implementation support
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management
Skills & Experience:
- Must have financial modelling/statistical/mathematical qualifications and experience
- Must have experience in energy markets required in energy market risk management and portfolio forecasting
- Must have strong excel and VBA experience
- Must be capable of coding in SQL & VBA
- Experience of R/python beneficial
- High numeric competency and analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent experience in data handling, processing, manipulation and analysis.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Motivated to learn, develop, innovate, with a drive to improve models and modelling techniques
- Ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions
- Able to organise their day to complete a number of tasks and willingness to get the job done
- Operates in an open, honest manner showing the utmost of integrity
- Willing to contribute to team discussions and debates, sharing their opinions in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Takes responsibility and ownership of completing work to required standard.
- Takes responsibility for their actions and decisions, learning from them on the way
- Is proactive and curious
- Owns issues and their resolutions, helps others in achieving the same
- Able to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities through their previous work experiences
What do you get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Career progression opportunities
- Profit share
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Enhanced annual leave options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance and Income protection
- Day off on your birthday
- Fresh fruit, snacks and breakfast every day
- Amazing company parties
- Stunning new office with true community feel
- Online learning account