About Corona Energy
We’re a leading independent energy supplier to UK businesses delivering 11% of the Industrial and Commercial gas market across 12,000 customers. We supply gas and electricity to commercial, industrial and public sector clients across the UK.
Our outstanding service starts with getting the basics right. We’re proud to deliver the highest standards of operational excellence combined with a fresh approach to saving our customers time, energy and money.
What does the job entail?
The Contract Financial Accountant role will be a technical project lead role, responsible for impact assessment and implementation of IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, as well as leading a project to rationalise the corporate structure of the Corona Group.
This is a fast paced environment that requires an individual who is forward thinking, able to work on their own initiative, full of drive and energy and has the ability to bring new ideas to the table to assist the efficiency of the team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified CA / ACCA candidate with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will involve working closely with and supporting the financial controller across a number of the below areas.
- Support the review of new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them.
- Support the development of the Group accounting policies, ensuring they evolve with the business and driving adherence.
- Support the roll out of a robust Financial Accounting and Reporting control environment that adheres to the Group policies and embeds best practice across the business.
- Support the identification and mitigation of accounting risks across the Group
- Support the corporate rationalisation project by leading the assessment of intragroup business combinations and ensuring that the transaction is in line with IFRS.
- Provide best in class technical accounting advice to the business through written technical accounting papers.
- Ensure the legal entity statutory accounts are completed and filed on time.
- Support the review and settlement of historical intercompany balances.
- Support ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including the Exec, Treasury, Tax, FP&A, IT, Internal Audit, Legal and HR.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as determined by Management.
You will be confident in your communication and have the ability to represent the team in dealings with stakeholders, internal and external to Corona. You’re a proactive individual who will not only follow the procedures but will actively contribute to the development of the internal control environment and the efficiency of the group. You will also have:
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or overseas equivalent) from the Big 4
- Management or supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and UK plc disclosure requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience within multinational company environment, including working together with international colleagues
- Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v look ups etc.)
- Flexible, hard-working and results oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX or PSGL would be an advantage but is not essential
- Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full Time
- Salary range: £62,000 – £65,000
- Posting Date: 28/11/2018
- Closing Date: 26/12/2018