Corona Energy is a leading independent energy supplier with over 20 years’ experience servicing UK businesses. We currently supply 14% of the industrial and commercial gas market with around 13,000 gas and electricity customers. At Corona Energy our culture is defined by our people. We are passionate about our employees and recognise that they should be in the centre of everything we do. Our awards reflect the great work we do in developing our teams and providing first class customer service and we are very proud to have held the Investors in People Gold award for the last 4 years. What are you waiting for? Join our team today!
What does the job entail?
As a Senior Test Manager you will be responsible to set, lead and manage testing capabilities into a major IT transformation programme delivery business, operational & technology change. You will lead and drive the delivery of business & technical testing with multiple internal & external 3rd parties to ensure quality IT solutions are delivered.
The Test Manager will also act, on behalf of the programme, as a Subject Matter Expert for Systems Integration from a design, delivery & test perspective, supporting the Programme Director. Therefore be able to manage the integration of complex real-time internal and external systems, including industry feeds etc.
The Test Manager will possess extensive experience of planning, scoping & execution of testing projects and will have worked with senior level stakeholders. Specifically, they will have demonstrable hands-on experience of coordinating Business Testing (UAT) and managing e2e Functional & Non-Functional testing phases.
They will need experience of industry standards testing tools for managing testing and producing associated testing Management Information. Additionally, the Test Manager will have worked in both Agile and Waterfall environments and have delivered testing on ‘Systems Integration’ type projects bringing multiple components together to work as one solution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordination of testing activities during every stage of the test process with business & IT partner test teams
- Specific focus and experience of the following test stages:
o User Acceptance Testing
o Non-Functional Testing (including Performance, Scalability, Resilience, Security etc.)
o Operational Acceptance Testing
- Ensure the Testing Strategy is relevant and followed in order to achieve the requisite quality and assurance that the business requires for every stage of the testing lifecycle
- Direct coordination and management of supplier teams to ensure that the standards & criteria are met for each of the testing stages:
o Unit Testing
o Integration Testing
o e2e Functional Testing
o Non-Functional Testing
o Assurance of Data Migration Testing
- Accountable to define, schedule & delivery to the required criteria, the following test stages:
o User Acceptance Testing
o Operational Acceptance Testing
o ‘Live Proving’
- Plan, develop and deliver UAT test scripts, with business SMEs to achieve significant business testing coverage and confidence to achieve business sign-off for the system(s)
- Coach and develop the business UAT testing team
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each release
- Identify tools, technologies and approaches ensuring safe, secure and reliable testing delivery.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to define continual improvements to testing processes.
- Monitoring of the standards and review/approve the results of the Technical Testing stages
- Managing the delivery of all business testing phases & teams within a matrix environment
- Report back on Test Results and Support corrective plans to fix bugs and plan re-tests
- Creation of automated test packs for regression and to support sanity testing
- Conduct risk assessment, risk management, quality assurance functions, writing reports and scheduling.
- A Test Manager usually performs many of the following tasks:
- Maintaining and improving testing roles
- Managing test planning, execution
- Weekly reporting on progress
- Daily stats & trends on testing defects status, density, progress, patterns etc.
- Setting up schedules
- Document test findings
- Supervising test teams
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have proven experience as a Senior Test Manager and have experience turning operational teams into effective test teams with demonstrable experience of successful leading and delivering complex business & technical testing projects, particularly in complex Systems Integration environments.
- 8+ Years in test management
- Experience in leading, planning and executing testing across product based & bespoke developments
- Extensive experience In Non-Functional testing (including Performance, Scalability, Resilience, Security testing)
- Have extensive technical & change experience of testing through the lifecycle for product related developments, re-platforming and custom developments
- Must have delivered at least one CRM / ERP implementation, preferably in a Cloud based environment (Azure / Amazon Web Services)
- Proven experience in managing & delivering Functional/User Acceptance testing, with teams of 30+
- Demonstrable experience in Quality Assurance of complex projects
- Experience of delivery to Gating criteria and any associated preparation
- Experience across setting up and utilizing test management tools
- Strong negotiating, networking & leadership skills
- Extensive experience of delivering testing via management of supplier teams
- Dynamic and self-motivated, passionate about quality and delivery
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Persistent, resilient, Quality focused and detail orientated
- Strong delivery track record
- Clear and concise presentation skills
- Ability to interpret business requirements for testing
- Proven track record in delivering testing on a re-platform programme
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations, influence, challenge constructively and collaborative effectively to deliver business needs
- Proactive, flexible, self-driven
- Inspiring others/ Leading by example
- Strong time management, organisational and planning skills
- Team player with strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix environment
- Be prepared to occasionally work additional hours and travel as required
- Working in a diverse environment
- Proven record of leading a work stream throughout the Project Lifecycle from Inception to Acceptance
- Working knowledge and use of Project Management methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM) / Prince 2 / Waterfall
- Working knowledge / use of Project Management reporting tools
- Microsoft Dynamic ERP, CRM and 365 Migration experience
- Able to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities through their previous work experiences
What do you get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Career progression opportunities
- Profit share
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Enhanced annual leave options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance and Income protection
- Day off on your birthday
- Fresh fruit, snacks and breakfast every day
- Amazing company parties
- Stunning new office with true community feel
- Online learning account